Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bee Vintage Honey talks about the extra sweet stuff


I love homemade beauty recipes, and I love honey.

Honey is so wonderful! Do you know why I think honey is absolutely amazing??

Honey is a natural “humectant” which means it attracts and retains moisture. Honey is a natural antioxidant, that could potentially help battle the signs of aging in your body.


Honey Cleansing Facial Scrub Exfoliation recipe:

Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 2 tablespoons sugar in the raw pure cane sugar and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice. Rub GENTLY and in circular motion onto face. Rinse off with warm water. Your face will be smooth and glowing, gently pat dry and put on clear pure aloe gel. The sugar acts as a natural exfoliation agent; the lemon juice naturally brightens away red blemishes and promotes faster skin growth through its natural acids; and the honey leaves your face smooth, toned and moisturized.
If you are sensitive to mild microdermabrasion you may want to skip this. I have seen fantastic results myself with facial exfoliation and microdermabrasion, as it smooths my skin and helps with appearance of past acne scars.
For a sweet and skin softening bathing experience:

Add 1/2 cup (or a bit more if you desire, just don't put too much, you don't wanna feel like a sticky bun) honey to bath water for a sweet smelling, silky bath. For even more softening and soothing, add 1 cup of oatmeal powder (available retail stores and bath supply)
Tips for oatmeal in tub:

Colloidal oatmeal, which is oatmeal converted to a fine powder is used to cure itchiness and thirsty dry skin. Put the powder under hot running tub water, wait till tub is warm rather than hot. Hot baths will only dehydrate your skin and strip it of its essential oils. Soak in the oatmeal bath for 10-20 minutes and be careful when you step out, as the tub will become slippery.

This relaxes me, ooo so soothing. If you cant find oatmeal powder, I bet you could ground organic unflavored oats in a coffee grinder, until it is a fine powder.

For small acne blemishes:
Using a cotton swab, dab honey on blemish; leave on 10 minutes. Rinse and pat dry. I like this idea much better than the old toothpaste on the blemish remedy, I have found that toothpaste burns me a bit and makes my blemishes redder.






No comments:

Post a Comment