Saturday, March 13, 2010

Acne Reducing Aspirin Honey Witch Hazel Yogurt Mask

Bee Vintage Honey Disclaimer: If you are allergic in any way to salicylic acid or aspirin....DO NOT USE THIS MASK!
****As with all homemade masks and beauty products, be gentle and careful, and be aware that I am NOT a dermatologist nor do I endorse any product as safe to be used. I do not guarantee that you will have results. I only tell you what works for me. I hope you get good results as well.
Only you know your skins sensitivity. I am just sharing ideas and homemade products I use. Use at your own caution. :)
Also note that this does not cure your breakouts or red marks overnight, but it helps speed recovery. I recommend this mask 1-2 times a week, if your face is able to tolerate this. All skin types have different levels of sensitivity.****
Ok, now that I have said all that....if you are not allergic or extremely sensitive, proceed further:
Acne Reducing Aspirin Honey Witch Hazel Yogurt Mask
Dissolve 4 UNCOATED aspirin into a small lid or shallow container with 3-4 drops of witch hazel in (use a lid or container that has enough depth to add a few liquids)
Add about a teaspoon of plain unflavored yogurt, and 1 teaspoon honey.
Add 1 teaspoon of sugar is desired for extra exfoliation. I am a big believer in exfoliation. :)
Make sure the aspirin is fully dissolved into a powdery mush, and mix everything together.
Gently apply mixture to face with finger tips on face, rub gently in circular motion. The aspirin and the sugar help with exfoliation, the aspirin when combined with liquids becomes a form of salicylic acid, which is used in some acne medications. Honey provides moisture and is a natural antiseptic.

The honey binds the mixture, and helps keep this on your face when applied.
Once applied and gently rubbed in, let it set for about 15-20 minutes until it dries. If your skin is sensitive, you may need to rinse off after 5-10 minutes.
Then rinse with warm water, and gently pat dry. I suggest putting some aloe vera on your face to soothe and protect, after using this mask.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I didn't know aspirin could be used in face mask! Thanks, I try it out!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...just found this on the Internet. My best friend and I are trying this today.

    ReplyDelete